Home   |   Contacts   |   Fee Schedules   |   Forms   |   Jobs   |   Records   |   Self-Help Center   |   Services   |   Search  
Home Home
Attorney Late Form / Line
Attorney Motions Reservation System
California Courts Legal Forms
Court Approved ADR Panel
Court Employees Only
Courts Office Hours
Court Reporters
Fine Payments
How to use this site
Media Corner
Preparing for Court
Procurement / Vendors
Revenue Recovery
Self Help Center
Superior Court Holidays
Trial Courtrooms – Nomad Information
What the Court can do for you
Where the Money Goes
Use of Court Facilities
Vision, Mission Statement & Strategic Plan
Transcript Request Form
Admin Office of the Court
Bail Schedule
California State Courts
Court Rules
General Information
Law Library
Legal Resources
National Center for State Courts
Metropolitan Division
East Division
North Division
South Division
CA Courts - English
CA Courts - Spanish
California Highway Patrol
City of Bakersfield
Kern County Board of Supervisors
Kern County Grand Jury
Kern County Home
Kern County Library
Sheriff's Department
 Site navigation map: Home > Fine Payments
Revenue Recovery
The mission of Revenue Recovery is to assist people who cannot pay their entire fine at the time of their hearing. Revenue Recovery will interview the individual and arrange an installment payment plan for the majority of traffic and misdemeanor cases, court-appointed attorney fees, and some Family Law and Probate filing or investigation fees ordered to be satisfied by the Court.
You must appear in court before a payment plan can be arranged.
Contact Information
Address:Superior Court of California, County of Kern
Revenue Recovery Division
1215 Truxtun Avenue, 1st Floor
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Hours:Mon - Thur (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM), and 8:00 AM to Noon on Fridays.
Phone:(661) 868-7208.
E-Mail:E-Mail Revenue Recovery
Information About Your Fine(s)
The Revenue Recovery Division is pleased to announce that information regarding balances due to the Court, the last payment received, and payment options is now available over the phone using our new Automated Information System.
To access this system, you may call (661) 868-2304 and choose option 6. This system is available 24-hours a day, with representatives available to answer additional questions Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM, and 8:00 AM to Noon on Fridays. In order for the system to find your case, you must have one of the following pieces of information available;
  • Case Number, Docket Number, or Citation Number,
  • Court Reference Number (5 or 6 digit number with no letters),
  • Your social security number.
Please be aware that information available through the Automated Information System is for cases you have been to Court on already and were ordered to pay by the Judge through Revenue Recovery. If you are having trouble using this system or would like to speak to an agent directly, call (661) 868-7208 during normal business hours from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 AM to Noon on Fridays.
Fine Payment Information (Click Here)
Following your appearance in Court, any fines or fees ordered to be paid by the Judge are due and payable the day you get out of Court. If you are unable to pay your case in full that day, you may be eligible to establish an agreement to pay the balance due in monthly payments.
Click the above link for more information on payment options available.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I cannot afford to pay my fine?
Fines are due on or before the date set by the court. Failure to pay your fine on time may result in the suspension of your driver’s license, or in some instances a warrant being issued for your arrest. You may request a financial re-evaluation or modification of payments by appearing at the Revenue Recovery Division. No payment extensions will be granted. For further information, contact Revenue Recovery directly at (661) 868-7208.
What do I do if I am in default on making my fine payments?
If you fail to make your payment on or before your due date, the full unpaid balance will become due immediately. You will be in default and a civil assessment of $300 dollars may be added to your existing balance. Additionally, your driving privileges may be suspended, your Court ordered probation revoked, or a warrant issued for your arrest.
What happens if I violate those terms of my probation related to fine payment?
If you fail to comply with the terms of your probation, four events may occur:
  1. You may have your probation revoked;
  2. A civil assessment penalty of $300 dollars may be added to your balance; and/or
  3. A warrant may be issued for your arrest; and/or
  4. Your driving privileges may be suspended.
I have multiple fines or fees ordered to be paid by multiple Court’s in Kern County. Do I need to contact each Court individually if I’ve already been ordered to pay?
No, the Revenue Recovery Division has the ability to link all cases into one monthly installment plan. Your payments will be based on the total amount you owe the Court.
I have been notified by the Department of Motor Vehicles that my license is, or will be suspended for Failure to Pay. How can I correct this?
In order to have the hold released from your license, you must pay the balance in full including any fees that have been added as a result of payments not being made on time.
Installment Payments
You may pay your fine in installments as agreed by you and Revenue Recovery. If you fail to make a payment on or before your due date, the full unpaid balance will become due immediately and be considered in default. If you are in default on a case that you have already been ordered to pay, you do not have to go back to the Judge.
You may appear at Revenue Recovery and speak with a representative about paying your Court ordered fines/fees. A payment will be due the date you establish a new arrangement or restart a payment plan. For more information regarding your payments or our guidelines, contact Revenue Recovery.
Requesting Monthly Payments
If you have already gone to Court and were ordered to pay a fine but cannot afford to pay it in one lump sum, you may have the option of requesting payments. An accounts receivable fee of $45.00 will be added to the total amount due. To request payments, you must do one of the following:
  1. In Person: Appear before a Revenue Recovery officer at either 1215 Truxtun Avenue, 3131 Arrow Street, or at the Juvenile Justice Center at 2100 College Avenue. A financial evaluation will be conducted and a payment plan established.

  2. By Telephone: If you are not located in Bakersfield, or the surrounding area, you may contact Revenue Recovery by telephone at (661) 868-7208. A financial evaluation may be conducted over the phone. The required Agreement to Satisfy Court Ordered Debt will be mailed to you to sign and return.

  3. By Mail / Facsimile: Print and fill out in its entirety our Application for Financial Evaluation. This form can then be returned by fax, or emailed back to the Court. A Revenue Recovery officer will review your application and will respond to your request with an Agreement that will need to be signed and returned.

  4. Online: Click the link to our Application for Financial Evaluation. Complete the form and click the button to submit the form. Revenue Recovery will be notified, and will respond to your request.
Your initial down payment will be 10% of your outstanding balance. Monthly payments will be determined according to our Guidelines. If you are unable to make the minimum monthly payments as outlined, you will need to contact Revenue Recovery, or appear in person at our office to discuss your arrangement.
Superior Court of California, County of Kern court employees are prohibited from giving legal advice per section 24004 and 68082 of the Government Code. In addition, court employees may not give advice as to which legal forms to use or how to complete the forms.
  © 2008 - 2016, Superior Court of Kern County   |   Last Modified 06/25/2016   |   Disclaimers   |   Privacy Policy