Appealing a Parking Citation

To file a Parking Appeal, the final decision of the issuing or processing agency must first be reached.

  1. The contester shall file a Notice of Parking Appeal form with Superior Court, Traffic Division and pay the filing fees @court_location. The contester will be provided with the date, time and location of the hearing at that time.
  2. The contester shall serve a copy of the Notice of Appeal to the issuing agency with proof of service no later than 10 days prior to the hearing date.
  3. A judicial officer shall hear the case "de novo" and the contents of the issuing/processing agency's file will be received into evidence.
  4. The contester shall be provided with the judicial officer's "Notice of Decision-Parking Appeal" either at the conclusion of the hearing or by mail.

Deadline: (Statue of Limitations)
Within 30 days of the mailing of the final decision by the processing or issuing agency.

Notice of Parking Appeal forms are available at:

3131 Arrow St
Bakersfield, CA 93308

Filing Fee:
Please see: Court Filing Fees
Money orders or checks should be made payable to Kern County Superior Court and are required at the time of filing.
What if I can't afford to pay?