Appealing an Unlawful Detainers

The appellant files a Notice of Appeal with the trial court where the case was heard.

Deadline: (Statue of Limitations)
30 days after mailing or personal service of Notice of Entry of Judgment. Exception: 90 days from Entry of Judgement if the notice was not mailed or personally served.

Refer to California Rules of Court 2.100 through 2.119 for proper format.

Filing Fee:
Please see: Court Filing Fees
Money orders or checks should be made payable to Kern County Superior Court and are required at the time of filing.
What if I can't afford to pay?