Appealing an Unlimited Jurisdiction Civil Matter

Process: The appellant files a Notice of Appeal with the appeals division or the trial court where the case was heard by the deadline. California Rules of Court 8.100-8.278 govern this appeal type. You may also refer to Civil Codes of Procedure 904.1 and 906

Deadline: Sixty (60) days after mailing or personal service of the entry of judgment. Exception: One Hundred Eighty (180) days from entry of judgment if notice was not mailed or personally served.

Forms: APP-001, APP-002, APP-003, APP-005, APP-007, APP-010, APP-011, APP-013, APP-015-INFO, APP-015-INFO-S and APP-016. Forms are available at all court locations during business hours and online at Appeals will be accepted at the Appeals Division or at the trial court in which the case was heard. Refer to California Rules of Court 2.100-2.119 for proper format.

Contact Information:

Appeals Division

1415 Truxtun Avenue

Bakersfield, CA 93301


Filing Fee:
Please see: Court Filing Fees
Money orders or checks should be made payable to Kern County Superior Court and are required at the time of filing.
What if I can't afford to pay?