Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Limited Parking at Juvenile Justice Center

The County of Kern is installing solar panels in the parking lot of Public Health. This will impact parking at the Juvenile Justice Center. The project is expected to last through May 1, 2024.

Revenue Recovery


The mission of Revenue Recovery is to assist people who cannot pay their entire fine at the time of their hearing. Revenue Recovery will interview the individual and arrange an installment payment plan for the majority of traffic and misdemeanor cases that are delinquent.

Installment Payment

You may pay your fine in installments as agreed by you and Revenue Recovery. If you fail to make a payment on or before your due date, the full unpaid balance will become due immediately and be considered in default. If you are in default on a case that you have already been ordered to pay, you do not have to go back to the Judge.

You may appear at Revenue Recovery and speak with a representative about paying your Court ordered fines/fees. A payment will be due the date you establish a new arrangement or restart a payment plan. For more information regarding your payments or our guidelines, contact Revenue Recovery.

Requesting Monthly Payments

If you have already gone to Court and were ordered to pay a fine but cannot afford to pay it in one lump sum, you may have the option of requesting payments.  To request payments, on your delinquent case(s) you must do one of the following:

  1. In Person: Appear before a Revenue Recovery officer at 5555 California Avenue Suite #100. A financial evaluation will be conducted and a payment plan established.
  2. By Telephone: If you are not located in Kern County, you may contact Revenue Recovery by telephone at (661) 610-7500. The required Agreement to Satisfy Court Ordered Debt will be sent to you to sign and return.
  3. By Mail / Facsimile: Print and fill out in its entirety our Application for Financial Evaluation. This form can then be returned by fax, or emailed back to the Court. A Revenue Recovery officer will review your application and will respond to your request with an Agreement that will need to be signed and returned.
  4. Online: Click the link to our Application for Financial Evaluation. Complete the form and click the button to submit the form. Revenue Recovery will be notified, and will respond to your request.

Monthly payments will be determined according to our Guidelines. If you are unable to make the minimum monthly payments as outlined, you will need to contact Revenue Recovery, or appear in person at our office to discuss your arrangement.

You must appear in court before a payment plan can be arranged.

Once a payment plan is arranged, you can use the Installment Payment system.

Installment Payment

Fine Payment Information

Following your appearance in Court, any fines or fees ordered to be paid by the Judge are due and payable the day you get out of Court. If you are unable to pay your case in full that day, you may be eligible to establish an agreement to pay the balance due in monthly payments.

Click the this link for more information on payment options available.

Repeal of Some Criminal Administrative Fees

Pursuant to Assembly Bill 1869, various statutory changes repeal a number of administrative fees related to the processing of criminal cases and eliminate debt incurred as a result of those fees. Click here for more information.


Fines are due on or before the date set by the court. Failure to pay your fine on time may result in a Civil Assessment up to $100 to be added to your balance pursuant to Penal Code section 1214.1. You may request a financial re-evaluation or modification of payments by appearing at the Revenue Recovery Division. No payment extensions will be granted. For further information, contact Revenue Recovery directly at (661) 610-7500.

If you fail to make your payment on or before your due date, the full unpaid balance will become due immediately. You will be in default and a civil assessment of up to $100 dollars may be added to your existing balance. Additionally,  your Court ordered probation revoked.

If you fail to comply with the terms of your probation the following events may occur:

  1. You may have your probation revoked
  2. A civil assessment penalty of up to $100 dollars may be added to your balance
  3. Your case may be referred to the California Franchise Tax Board for collection

No, the Revenue Recovery Division has the ability to link all cases into one monthly installment plan. Your payments will be based on the total amount you owe the Court.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.