Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Limited Parking at Juvenile Justice Center

The County of Kern is installing solar panels in the parking lot of Public Health. This will impact parking at the Juvenile Justice Center. 

Appealing Traffic Court Decision


  1. The appellant must file a Notice of Appeal (form CR-142) within 30 calendar days after the date of sentencing (trial date).
  2. Within 15 days after filing the appeal, a Proposed Statement on Appeal (Form CR-143) must be filed. This will include either a Settled Statement or a request for a certified transcript which the defendant is responsible to pay.
  3. A hearing will be set with the trial judge to certify the Proposed Statement or the reporter's transcript.
  4. Upon certification, the case is ready for transmittal of the record on appeal to the Appellate Division of the Superior Court.
  5. The Appellate Division will notify the appellant with a due date to file their opening brief. Failure to file the opening brief by the due date may result in a dismissal of the appeal. At this point, all correspondence will be with the Appellate Division of the Superior Court.

Deadline: (Statue of Limitations)
Notice of appeal (form CR-142) must be filed within thirty days after the date of sentencing.

Filing Fee:
There is no fee for filing an appeal on a Traffic Court ruling.

Other Notes:
If you file an appeal you must still comply with all the conditions and terms of the judge's court order. Filing an appeal does not stop enforcement of a judgment.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.