Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Limited Parking at Juvenile Justice Center

The County of Kern is installing solar panels in the parking lot of Public Health. This will impact parking at the Juvenile Justice Center. 

Court Records

Court Records Overview

You may obtain copies of court records from the Superior Court of California, County of Kern. Access to case files is not available via the Internet, however you may request transcripts of court proceedings through the Internet.

If you do not know the case number or want to know if a case has been filed, you may either:
  1. Visit the courthouse and search for the case yourself (no charge) or request the clerk to look the case up for a fee (see fee schedule); or
  2. Request the information via postal mail. For the mailing address to the appropriate court, see Court Contact Information. Mailed requests must include:
    1. The research fee to look up the case number (see fee schedule ).
    2. Any copy fees that apply.
    3. A self-addressed, stamped envelope for your response.

Requests to look up a case number are not taken over the telephone and information regarding a specific case cannot be given by telephone.

Types of Court Records Available

Access to case files is not available via the internet

  • Register of Actions/Court Docket

    Summary list ("table of contents") of documents filed and actions taken in a case is available on the Civil Case Information and Calendars.

  • Photocopy of Case File Contents

    To view the contents of a court file, you may either come to the court and view the original file (and if needed request photocopies of documents in the file) or you may mail a request for photocopies. Requests to look up a case number are not taken over the telephone and information regarding a specific case cannot be given by telephone.

    Associated fees: (checks are payable to Kern County Superior Court)

    50 cents per page for each copy

    $15.00 certified copies of Judgment of Dissolution

    $40.00 plus 50 cents per page for certified copies of Orders

    Note: Depending on the reason for the request, copies of Orders and Family Law Judgments may not need to be certified. Check with the agency requesting the copy to see if they require a certified copy.

    All mailed requests should include:

    Names of Plaintiff/Petitioner and Defendant/Respondent

    Stamped, self-addressed envelope for return of requested document.

    Check payable to the Kern County Superior Court covering the costs for the photocopies as listed above.

    Depending on workload it may take at least 10 working days to process your mailed request.

  • Transcript of Court Proceedings

    A transcript is a printed, verbatim record of a court hearing as recorded by a court reporter or Electronic Recording.

  • Access to Judicial Administrative Records

    Effective January 1, 2010, Rule 10.500 of the California Rules of Court sets forth comprehensive public access provisions applicable to administrative records maintained by state trial and appellate courts, the Judicial Council, and the Administrative Office of the Courts.

    Please direct your written request for access to judicial administrative records maintained by the Kern Superior Court to:

    Superior Court of California, County of Kern
    1415 Truxtun Avenue
    Bakersfield CA 93301

    The Court Administration office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Courts are closed on Court holidays.

    The Court will make identifiable judicial administrative records available upon request, unless the records are exempt from disclosure under Rule 10.500. Records may be subject to payment of a fee per subdivision (e)(4) of Rules 10.500.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.