If you do not have an attorney, the Self-Help Center and Family Law Facilitator staff and volunteers may be able to assist you with procedural information and instruction on completing forms.
Self Help Staff
Self Help Center staff are available to help parties with:
- Starting a divorce, legal separation, or nulity
- Requesting or modifying order for child custody/visitation and child and spousal support.
- Finishing your case by default judgement or stipulated agreement.
- Starting, terminating and clearing guardianship notes.
Self Help services are available by appointment only as follows:
Monday - Thursday
2:00pm to 4:00pm
To schedule an appointment please contact the Self Help Center at: (661) 610-6518
- Petitions for Guardianship of the Person, clearing of Guardianship notes
- Petitions for Dissolution, Establish Parentage, Custody and Visitation
- Requests for Orders (Child Custody, Visitation, Child Support*)
- Default Dissolution, legal separation and Nullity
- Small Claims
- Limited Civil Matters
Step-by-Step Instructions Online
The State of California provides online information and resources for people representing themselves in a court case. Access these easy-to-read step-by-step instructions for navigating your court case from any device.
Types of Self-Help Cases
We offer help with most non-criminal legal problems. We have detailed resources on the following areas:
Abuse, Harassment & Restraining Orders
Information related to Abuse, Harassment, and Restraining Orders.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Details pertaining to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
Appeal Court Decision
Information about appealing court decisions.
How to obtain various court records.
Divorce & Separation
This provides detailed content related to Divorce and Separation.
Evictions, Landlords & Tenants
Information centered around Evictions, Landlords, and Tenants.
Families & Children
Details pertaining to Families and Children.
Detailed list of Help Resources.
Traffic / Vehicular Violations
Information centered around Traffic / Vehicular Violations.
The Self-Help Center is designed to provide free legal resources and assistance to self-represented litigants.
Wills, Estates & Probate
A collection of information regarding Wills, Estates, and Trusts.