Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Court Appointed Medical Examiner

Appointment Process

If you are a licensed psychiatrist/psychologist and interested in serving as a Court Appointed Medical Examiner on either the Adult or Juvenile Panel, you must submit a completed application. Applications are reviewed by the Judicial Recruiting Committee.

Adult Panel

If you are interested in serving on the Adult Panel you must complete an online application available here.

The Fee Schedule for Court Appointed Medical Examiners – Adult Panel, which applies to all appointments, is available here.

Privacy Notice

If you choose to send us personal information by e-mailing us, we normally use the information to respond to your message and for no other purpose. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide or give it to any other public or private organization for commercial purposes or otherwise.

The one exception to this policy is if you send us a threat or a message that describes or promotes unlawful activity. We will share those messages with law enforcement. Any e-mail sent using this form will include the sender's IP Address.

Response time is subject to the number of e-mails received.

To Fill out an Application please Acknowledge the disclaimer agreement below.

I have read the disclaimer and agree to all of these terms and conditions.

Medical Examiner Application

License Type

College degree(s), graduate degree(s), etc.

Internship, residency, fellowship, etc.

If Yes - please list which courts and what type of panel (e.g. adult or juvenile, competency, WIC 361.5(c)(1)): 

If Yes - please attach explanation with dates, including whether the action affected the status of your license.

If Yes - please list language(s)

Please provide a current curriculum vitae/resume; license to practice; proof of malpractice insurance; and copy of a valid identification card.

One file only.
100 MB limit.
Allowed types: txt, rtf, pdf, doc, docx, odt, ppt, pptx, odp, xls, xlsx, ods.

Juvenile Panel

If you are interested in serving on the Juvenile Panel, you must complete an online application available here.

Claim for Payment

Claim for Payments for medical evaluations must be submitted in duplicate with supporting document, if applicable, no later than one year after the last date of services rendered. 

Claim for Payment Expert Witness


Mail Claim for Payments to:

Kern County Superior Court

Attention: Executive Administrative Secretary

1415 Truxtun Avenue

Bakersfield, CA 93301


If you have questions regarding the application process, contact (661) 610-6221.

Was this helpful?