Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)
We hope you find this page informative and useful. The Superior Court of Kern County (Court) recognizes the vital importance and impact that the DVBE community has on California's local, regional and statewide economies. For this reason, the Court has designed a program to enhance opportunities for DVBEs.
The Court has appointed a DVBE Advocate to assist DVBEs with questions or concerns. The DVBE Advocate helps identify potential DVBE contracting opportunities, and helps make information regarding pending solicitations available to certified DVBEs.
DVBE Certification Process
The Office of Small Business and DVBE Services (OSDS) is responsible for the DVBE certification process and will assist you with any questions or concerns about the process.
The DVBE certification and eligibility requirements are available on the OSDS website here
DVBE Certification Benefits
The Court may provide an incentive to bidders and proposers that are certified DVBEs, or who commit to subcontract with certified DVBEs. By becoming a certified DVBE, you will become eligible to receive this incentive if offered, and to partner with prime contractors who wish to receive this incentive.
Instructions and Form
- DVBE Program Rules and Procedures
- DVBE Declaration with Instructions
- DVBE Bidder Declaration with Instructions
- DVBE Post Contract Certification Form
- To get certified as a DVBE, click here
- For OSDS outreach events, click here
- To search for a certified DVBE, click here
- For information regarding violations and sanctions relating to the DVBE program, click here
If you have questions or need assistance related to DVBE issues, please contact:
Debra Ostlund, DVBE Advocate
E-Mail DVBE Secretary
Phone: (661) 868-2610