Small Business Preference (SBP)
We hope you find this page informative and useful. The Superior Court of Kern County (Court) recognizes the vital importance and impact that the small business community has on California's local, regional and statewide economies. For this reason, the Court has designed a program to enhance opportunities for small businesses.
Qualifying for a Small Business Preference
The Office of Small Business and DVBE Services (OSDS) is responsible for the Small Business certification process and will assist you with any questions or concerns about the process.
The Small Business certification and eligibility requirements are available on the OSDS website here
Small Business Certification Benefits
The Court may provide an incentive to bidders and proposers that are certified as a small business or a small business nonprofit veteran service agency (NVSA). By becoming a certified small business or NVSA, you will become eligible to receive this incentive if offered. Note: a bidder that qualifies for the small business preference because it is an NVSA cannot displace a bidder that is itself a small business.
Instructions and Form
- Small Business Procedures
- Small Business Declaration with Instructions
- Small Business Post Contract Report Form
- To get certified as a DVBE, click here
- For OSDS outreach events, click here
- To search for a certified DVBE, click here
- For information regarding violations and sanctions relating to the Small Business Preference program, click here
If you have questions or need assistance related to the Small Business Preference Program, please contact:
Debra Ostlund, Procurement and Contracting Officer
Phone: (661) 868-2610